Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and the systemconfiguration folder

Hi all-

Effect:

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro (10.9.5) to iCloud so that I can sync my reading lists. I have an apple ID, I can log into iCloud.com, my reading lists already sync between my Mac mini, 2x iPads (gen 2 and air), and my iPhone 5c. I would like to add the MacBook to the mix. Every time I attempt to log into iCloud on the MacBook (system preferences > iCloud) i am informed that the apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud ID. I have tried this with my primary apple ID (a gmail address) and @icloud.com address.

Issue:

I have seen on these boards that if I go to the /library/preferences/systemconfiguration folder that I should delete the networkpreferences.plist file and restart my computer. When I go to the preferences folder, I do not see the systemconfiguration folder, nor do I see the networkpreferences.plist file. Under preferences I have the following folders: Adobe, ByHost, com.apple.japaneseanalysis, Macromedia, Microsoft.

Help required:

1. Is there a better way to get my MacBook to log into iCloud than this?

2. If not, how do I find the systemconfiguration folder so I can delete this .plist file?

3. Why does my computer not have this folder currently, or is it just hidden?

Pls let me know if any further information is required.

Thank you in advance. I have lurked for years and solved many issues thanks to this great community!

Schwabert

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:33 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud and the systemconfiguration folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.