Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 inch mid 2012 screen keeps going black intermittently, now completely down?

Sometimes I think there's a little evil being inside my MacBook Air's screen. Funny? Not in the slightest.

I've had this MacBook less than a year and its screen has died already. Same thing happened to my last MacBook Air. It flickered a few weeks ago but nothing further happened till last week. I didn't change my routine or usage, I didn't update recently, I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way. I haven't even attempted to open it in fear of ruining it even more. There's no more warranty, not that I'd go to the Apple Store for anything. I find that place unapproachable.

Anyway, I've searched and gotten an estimate of cost for a new screen and its not nice $550+.

What do you want Simone? Spit it out? As my mother used to say, I better get to the point.

Is there anyway to fix it without replacing it? Please don't tell me it's one of those "you're better off getting a new mac" situations. It's almost tax return time for us and I really don't want to spend it before I've even received it.

Thanks in advance😉

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:55 PM

There are no replies.

13 inch mid 2012 screen keeps going black intermittently, now completely down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.