Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete favorites in Phone app

I can't delete any listed Favorites in the Phone app; please help. When I go into the Phone app and tap on Favorites (lower left corner), it lists all my favorite contacts. I can start the deletion process by either tapping "Edit" on the top left, then clicking the red minus sign next to any contact, or by swiping to the left on any contact. In either case, I get a red "Delete" icon on the right of the contact. So far so good.

However, when I try to tap that "Delete" icon, nothing happens. Also, I can't find any other way to delete favorites, e.g., through the Contacts app or on my iMac (with which the iPhone is synced).

Please help!

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Have you tried resetting your device by pressing and holding the Home button and power button until the apple appears?

3 replies

Can't delete favorites in Phone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.