Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i install a cintiq pen display on my mac

I just purchased a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Creative Pen Display and attempted to install it on my Macbook Pro OS X version 10.10.3 and the install cd told me the "platform was not supported". I then tried downloading the driver for both Cintiq companion and Cintiq products from the wacom site and neither seemed to jive with the system either. When i checked System Preferences for Wacom Tablet I got an error message that said "Version Mismatch. Please reinstall the tablet software" Has anyone else run into these problems? I also tried installing on brand new macbook air and got the same error message. I've restarted and shut down both computers numerous times before and after numerous downloads but nothing clicks. Any ideas that don't involve sitting on hold with Wacom for another hour?!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:27 PM

1 reply

Jun 4, 2015 1:51 AM in response to insleefariss

So you uninstalled the original drivers and installed drivers from here:

http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/

Then all you can do is contact Walcom as you say you are doing.

It could be that the drivers are not compatible with 10.10.3 since in that version the OS was identified as different from 10.10.2 and thus some hardware requires new drivers. Nvidia graphics card was one set of hardware that required updated drivers

why can't i install a cintiq pen display on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.