Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time to leave iTunes & iPod for Spotify?

So mini back-story. Past decade always had a windows desktop with a classic iPod and used iTunes with a combination of old CD rips and downloads.

Within the past month i'd decided to get rid of my desktop and purchase a Macbook Pro.

My original idea was to purchase the 256GB model, but within the past week my trusty iPod classic finally gave out.

So now im in the position where i can either spent an extra £200 from the base £999 MBP aswell as £190 for a referb 64GB iPod Touch and carry on as normal, or I save just shy of £400 and get the base 128GB MBP and sign up to Spotify Premium?

I've used Spotify on and off on the free subscription and I like it, and im able to stream to my phone when im out and about. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and if the recommend moving on from iTunes/iPod or not?

iPod classic (120 GB)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:48 PM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 6:15 PM in response to lordcradden

Lord Cradden,

The statistics are that streaming is growing while sales of downloads are dropping. So you certainly would not be alone.

You will have to decide what works best for your own situation. When you do your math, don't forget that Spotify Premium has a monthly subscription fee (in the USA, it is $10/month).

Time to leave iTunes & iPod for Spotify?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.