Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing iPhones separately

My wife has her own windows login with her own iTunes account so that we can manage our phones separately. She has an iPhone 6 while I am using an iPhone 5s. So, why does her phone constantly ask for my iTunes id and password when she tries to open her apps? We have tried syncing her phone again with her iTunes. It doesn't seem to make sense.

Dell, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 2:55 PM

7 replies

Jun 4, 2015 8:11 AM in response to smitty1512

smitty1512 wrote:

So, why does her phone constantly ask for my iTunes id and password when she tries to open her apps?

Because those apps are not hers, they were downloading with your Apple ID. If you are syncing both phones to the same iTunes therein lies your problem. iTunes keeps only one copy of each app per iTunes library, so if you both download the same app the last one downloaded with be the only one in the iTunes library. To separate them you would have to also maintain separate iTunes libraries. See: How to use multiple iPods, iPads, or iPhones with one computer.

The other option is to set up Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple Support

Jun 5, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

If you read above, Lawrence, we are maintaining our own iTunes Libraries. That should not be the issue. Most of our apps are being downloaded separately through our own iTunes libraries. There are only a couple of apps that we have copied from one library to the next, but the phones are still being synced to two totally different libraries. Thanks for the thoughts though.

Managing iPhones separately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.