Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see pictures in project

I have aperture 3.5.1. I have 164 pictures in a project. They were there yesterday. I could see them. Today, I see the number 164 next to the project, but there is nothing there. No cover picture in the project and no pictures come up. I tried exporting the pictures into a new library. I tried duplicating the project. Still no pictures. Any ideas to find this important project. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:11 PM

1 reply

Jun 3, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Ric Blackwell

Hi Ric,

It's odd.

1. Do you have a backup? Can you restore it to another location, or open it as is, and see if that older Library has the same problem?
  2. Confirm that you are in Browser mode and not Viewer mode.
  3. Confirm that no Images are selected ("Edit ▹ Deselect all")
  4. Confirm that the container you are viewing is, in fact, a Project. (Sorry, but more than a few users are confused by the parts of Aperture.)
  5. Confirm that there is NO filter set for the Project. Click the magnifying glass icon _in_ the search field in the Browser and select "Show all".

Nothing?

Reboot and check again.

Still nothing?

Repair your Library. Details are on Apple's Aperture trouble-shooting page. After repair, look for a Project called "Recovered" or something like that. As with every computer file, you should never use one without having a full back-up. This means, if you already have a back-up, to make a new, second back-up of your current Library before running the repair.

Still nothing? Post what you know. It's uncommon.

The next step is to rebuild your Library. I have _never_ had to rebuild a Library, though I have done it just to see how it works. It works well. Nonetheless, it is a last resort, and not one I think you'll need.

Can't see pictures in project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.