Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove titles and numbers from photo

My pictures have numbers and titles on them. How do I remove them

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:44 PM

5 replies

Jun 4, 2015 3:02 AM in response to scottish lass

Where do you see this? Numbers are most likely part of the filename & only visible in the Info window. You can't remove them.

Titles can be hidden (View menu > Metadata > uncheck Titles) or deleted from either the Info window or by clicking on them in thumbnail views. Like any other text item select all the title text & tap the delete key.

Jun 4, 2015 11:57 AM in response to R C-R

Hi, the numbers are from my canon camera when I downloaded the pictures to iPhoto. the numbers look like this DSCF 1037.JPG There are 54 photos and each of them have the numbers that correlate one after the other. Is there even a way I could re-do the slideshow with these pictures 'cos I've deleted them from the camera after I downloaded them. When I look at the photos in PREVIEW there are no numbers on them. I have iPhoto version 9.5.1

can you advise me what I should do.

Jun 4, 2015 1:31 PM in response to scottish lass

OK. First, note that this forum is intended for the new Photos for Mac application, not the iPhoto one. It is an easy mistake to make because Apple decided to use such a generic word for the new app, but in the future if you have questions regarding iPhoto they are better posted to the iPhoto forum.

Anyway, those things you are seeing are indeed the filenames of your photos, assigned to them by your camera & how you would see them labeled in Finder or anything else that allows you to see the organization of files & folders on storage media. As I said, you cannot delete them, other than by deleting the file itself.

I'm not sure what you mean about redoing a slideshow. If you mean you have created a slideshow in iPhotos with the filenames superposed over the images, you should be able to create a new slideshow without that, assuming you still have the images in your iPhoto Library.

Remove titles and numbers from photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.