Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts and calendar won't sync to iPad2mini

I have an iPhone 5C IOS 8.3

I just purchased an iPad 2 mini wifi/cellular IOS 8.0.3

My contacts and calendar items on my phone do not sync with my iPad2 Mini.

iCloud is on, calendars and contacts are on in the iCloud.

No matter what I do as suggested in many articles, the contacts and calendar items will not show up on the iPad 2.

I have tried:

• turning devices on and off
  • shutting contacts and calendar items off and and back on under iCloud/settings for both devices and rebooting both devices
  • opening iTunes on my PC, plugging each device in and checking in iTunes to make sure contacts and calendar items are set to sync (both are syncing via iCloud)
  • YELLING AT MY DEVICES (shockingly, this has no impact :-)
  • swiping/refreshing contacts and calendar by pulling down the menu and releasing

Suggestions most welcome.

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 5:22 PM

10 replies

Jun 3, 2015 6:32 PM in response to profkate

Don't give up. If nothing else works, you have free phone support from Apple for 90 days if the iPad is new. You can also make an appointment at an Apple Store and ask for their help. You could try deleting the iCloud account on the iPad and then sign in again.You will "lose" your contacts and calendar events but if they are not syncing anyway, you have nothing to lose. Besides, when you delete the iCloud account, you delete the data from the device but not from iCloud itself. When you sign in again, the contacts and calendar events from the phone might sync.

Jun 3, 2015 6:48 PM in response to Demo

Thanks - you are correct that there is nothing to lose in terms of contacts and calendar events. I have hundreds of photos I have manually transferred over via a SD dongle and organized into albums :-(.

I have deleted the iCloud account on the iPad then signed back in. I've read dozens of articles and tried many suggestions from support communities. I'll have to try Apple phone support when I can find the time - closest Apple store is 45 minute drive away - there's only so much of my time I can spend chasing down solutions. I suspect I will have to restore as new as suggested by ckuan.

I'm trying to ensure I'm backing up my iPad and iPhone to my PC before doing anything that is going to cause me to use my iPad as an expensive frisbee :-).

iPhone contacts and calendar won't sync to iPad2mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.