Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for someone to see what I do on my iphone?

So whenever I use my phone my dad seems to know what im on without seeing it and he says that he can check what im doing with his phone. So is that true is is he just trying to scare me?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:08 PM

If you share the same iCloud Apple ID, the other users will be able to see a lot of what you do that's synced to the cloud, including apps, iMessages, contacts, and photos and videos. If you're concerned about privacy, and share the same Apple ID, I would sign out of iCloud and create your own Apple ID. But unless your iPhone is jailbroken, there wouldn't be a way for someone to see absolutely everything you do.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2015 9:08 PM in response to estrajor000

If you share the same iCloud Apple ID, the other users will be able to see a lot of what you do that's synced to the cloud, including apps, iMessages, contacts, and photos and videos. If you're concerned about privacy, and share the same Apple ID, I would sign out of iCloud and create your own Apple ID. But unless your iPhone is jailbroken, there wouldn't be a way for someone to see absolutely everything you do.

Jun 4, 2015 6:08 AM in response to estrajor000

Depending on what software or parental controls are set up on the wi-fi, there could be ways he can see what websites and what traffic is being sent online. There isn't a way I know of that he can physically see each and everything you are doing but there are definitely ways he could monitor a lot of your activity. If you are sharing the same Apple ID and want to set up your own, understand that any paid apps would no longer work with a new Apple ID without purchasing them again. Talk to your dad if you want to set up your own rather than doing it behind his back.

Is it possible for someone to see what I do on my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.