Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Home Button delay/lag and fingerprint/touch ID stopped working

Hey,

Used my iPhone 5s as always, nothing special (no water damage, no impact etc.), just pulled my iPhone from the pocket and weird things started to happen..

First problem, I could not hear sounds, the problem was, that iPhone was in "headphone" mode therefore I could not hear any sounds. However, this problem mystically appeared and equally disappeared.

Second problem, touch ID/fingerprint stopped working - sensor can not detect my finger, it does not say "Try Again" or some kind of "Error", but it just does not react to my fingerprints.

Third problem, home button became laggy (works with delay), double click (to manage multitasking) at first was nearly impossible, now it works but with a delay.

What I tried:
*Home button calibration (launch default app, press on/off button until red slider appears and hold home button, until the red slider disappears)

*Restored my iPhone
*Reseted my iPhone

*Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

None of these things helped to solve my problems. I believe it is some kind of software related problem, because as I mentioned before iPhone did not have any impact or damage. Is there anything I can do myself?

P.S. iPhone 5s iOS 8.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 4:23 PM

1 reply

iPhone 5s Home Button delay/lag and fingerprint/touch ID stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.