Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums in "Photos" not showing up in iMovie

So I'm running iMovie 10.0.8 and trying to import photos specific albums I have in Photos 1.0. When I click on "Photos Library" on the Libraries panel, I only get All Photos, Last Import, Panoramas, and Videos, not any of the libraries I've created. Is there some way to bring them up, or do I have to wait for a new release where Photos and iMovie work better together?

Thanks,

Vince

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 3, 2015 9:53 PM

9 replies

Jun 9, 2015 9:26 PM in response to vjdjr

I posted separately about this same issue...

The albums you listed (All Photos, Last Import...) are under "Albums" in the drop-down list. There is also an option for "My Albums" which I assume means the custom Albums I've created. When I select that option, only one of my Albums appears in the 'browser' area of iMovie, and the rest of my 20+ albums are nowhere to be seen.

I can confirm that I'm connected to the correct library. The one Album that appears in iMovie is staying up-to-date with changes made in Photos. This evening I added a couple photos to that Album and there they are in iMovie. But only the one Album...

Jul 29, 2015 11:50 PM in response to bobtheblob

Not sure which part of the following did the trick, but something made it work (seems kind of random):

1. In iMovie, under "My Albums," I made a note of which albums did show up. Many of these were old albums that I didn't need.

2. Quit iMovie.

3. Open Photos.

4. Find the albums that I had noted, and delete the ones that I didn't need.

5. Quit Photos.

6. Open iMovie.

7. Navigate back to "My Albums" under Photos Library. All my albums have magically appeared.

Feb 26, 2016 7:42 AM in response to Matt Ma

Seems to be a problem with iMovie allowing album refreshes. I have the same problem in iMovie 10.1 - if iMovie is open and I add photos to Photos (did Apple not see the inherent confusion naming a product with such a common generic name like Photos?) I need to quit iMovie and then relaunch if I want to see the new photos in iMovie. There needs to be a refresh button or script that keeps your media updated in iMovie as you work with it in other Apple products.

Albums in "Photos" not showing up in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.