Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages aren't shared on other apple devices

All of a sudden my text messages aren't showing up on my other apple devices; allowing me to continue the conversation away from my phone. What happened?

Posted on Jun 4, 2015 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 9:21 PM

Hi,

Your explanation helped a lot, but when it asks for the code sent to my Mac, it doesn't show the code on the Mac. So I don't know what the code is, and can't connect it. Hopefully you have a solution.

Thanks!!

9 replies

Jun 6, 2015 7:34 AM in response to WWoman757

Hi WWoman757,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your text messages are not showing across all of your Apple devices in Messages the way you would expect. In this situation, I would suggest reading over the two attached articles below to ensure all of the settings are correct for this Continuity feature.

Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

SMS

With Continuity, all the SMS and MMS text messages you send and receive on your iPhone also appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch. Even if the person you’re communicating with doesn’t have an iPhone. And regardless of what phone they have, you can reply from whichever device is closest to you, including your iPad or Mac. You can also initiate a conversation by clicking a phone number in Safari, Contacts, or Calendar.
User uploaded file

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Best regards,

Joe

Text messages aren't shared on other apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.