Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Itunes work on Windows 10 (Kinda)

Intended for Windows 10 Beta Users-----------

I Have figure a way to get Itunes to work on Windows 10 beta (Tried on Itunes 12.1.1)

1st: Right click the Application

2nd: Click TroubleShoot Compatibility

3rd: It will Detect Issue then give you 2 Options- Try recommended Settings(NO)--Troubleshoot Program(YES)<Click this one

4th: It will give you 4 Options to Check (Check all the options)

5th: It will ask what Operating System did this system run on before-- Click the last operating system you were on which should windows 8 or windows 7 vista i think i picked Windows 8 but it can be different for you

6th: It will show setting changed at the top then it says Test the program u might have to spam it (3-4x)

7th: A box will pop up asking for permission if the 1st one doesn't work keep trying till it opens

8th: Done it should open 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

I'm Really Sorry if this doesn't work for you But don't forget window 10 is still in beta so Apple cant fix this problem till it actually released !!!!

I Hope you have a great day don't leave any take your Smile Away 🙂

Windows 10-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 10 Only

Posted on Jun 4, 2015 7:41 PM

2 replies

Jul 23, 2015 10:47 PM in response to Jordan_Gagliardi_

I am now using build 10240 on a Surface Pro 3 and iTunes 12.2.1 seemed to play music and connect to iPhone OK (without setting compatibility settings etc), however when I tried playing a video I received the error 'Video playback is not supported on this computer' and a link that suggested downloading 'iTunes 12.2.1 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards).

Based on a different forum post, I resolved the issue by opening 'Edit|Preferences...' and on the 'Playback' tab changing 'Play Audio Using' from 'Windows Audio Session' to 'Direct Sound'

How to get Itunes work on Windows 10 (Kinda)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.