Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does "you are not allowed to create or update this content" mean?

are there things that will make your question or description for your question invalid? why are they not allowing the content. are there any rules about writing a question?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 3:25 AM

There are a number of words which are forbidden and will be replaced with asterisks - basically what used to be called 'four-letter words' and also a few things like 's-t-r-e-a-m-i-n-g' (because of a spate of spam linking to such sites) and 'p-o-r-n' for obvious reasons (of course I can't type the actual words, hence the hyphens). There are a few other things, some of them glitches - for example, I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be that if you placed a semi-colon on the end of a URL it would be rejected.

Occasionally you will get a banner saying you can't post content, which is just a glitch and goes away without having any effect. If you get a notice while actually posting you should look at your content and see whether anything in it is likely to provide this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2015 3:25 AM in response to frus674

There are a number of words which are forbidden and will be replaced with asterisks - basically what used to be called 'four-letter words' and also a few things like 's-t-r-e-a-m-i-n-g' (because of a spate of spam linking to such sites) and 'p-o-r-n' for obvious reasons (of course I can't type the actual words, hence the hyphens). There are a few other things, some of them glitches - for example, I don't know if it's still the case, but it used to be that if you placed a semi-colon on the end of a URL it would be rejected.

Occasionally you will get a banner saying you can't post content, which is just a glitch and goes away without having any effect. If you get a notice while actually posting you should look at your content and see whether anything in it is likely to provide this.

What does "you are not allowed to create or update this content" mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.