Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMD Radeon R9 M370X not recognized by Windows 8 partition. Mid 2015 15 inch Macbook Pro

My AMD Radeon R9 M370X isn't being recognized by my Windows 8 partition. It only lists the "Windows Basic Display Adapter" in the device manager. I've tried installing the boot camp drivers, AMD drivers, reinstalling Windows, updating drivers, uninstalling drivers, and I can't get anything to work. Any ideas?

The gpu runs great on the Mac side, Windows just can't see it.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 8:30 AM

24 replies

Jun 8, 2015 6:15 PM in response to TallJawa

I got it to work! I had installed Windows 8, so I upgraded to 8.1. When I logged back into windows it showed a Radeon 8800M in my device manager. So I installed the BCA drivers while at the same time running the Windows Experience Index.

Go to command prompt

Type in Winsat formal

The screen flashed for me about three or four times. I checked back in device manager and it showed the Radeon R9 M370X. I'm not sure whether it was the BCA drivers, the experience index command, or both, but it shows up now.

Jun 27, 2015 7:44 AM in response to TallJawa

I'm having a similar issue (same machine type, no graphics driver options), but am stuck on the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. The Windows Updater says that I need to restart Windows to complete upgrades. I've done 4 restarts and it still says the same thing (must restart to complete upgrades). The Microsoft Store tells me I can't install Windows 8.1 because Windows Updater still has updates to make.

The boot camp installation went fine, so I BELIEVE that it picked up and installed the current drivers.

Any advice on where to look to solve this loop?

Jun 27, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your quick reply. I did both resets, downloaded fresh drivers using Boot Camp Assistant and reinstalled them per the instructions on the websites you gave me, but I'm still having the same issue. Windows Updater insists that the machine needs to restart to finish the updates, but it never seems satisfied! After multiple restarts, it still says the computer needs to restart. It doesn't give me any clue as to what needs to be updated.

I actually did the SCM and NVRAM resets twice and downloaded the drivers twice with Boot Camp Assistant. Same results.

The Mac OS is 10.10.3, Boot Camp Assistant is version 5.1.4. I'm starting to dive into every FAQ and article I can find, but any additional ideas would be appreciated!

Jun 27, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Loner T

Either you're clairvoyant or I did something. Formerly, when I went into Windows Update all it said was that I had to restart. Now it tells me there are 141 updates to install and it also shows me a button for checking for updates. No other options are present, though. It tells me these updates will be installed automatically. I'm looking for a way to see what they are or to run them now.

Jun 27, 2015 7:40 PM in response to randolphfromdublin

OK. Windows applied many updates and now is willing to start downloading Windows 8.1. However, it gets about 60% through the download process and then says "Sorry, we couldn't update the system reserved partition" and stops the process. I restarted it, but it happened again the same spot. I believe I've got to get to Windows 8.1 to correct the video driver issue, but am stopped by this latest roadblock.

AMD Radeon R9 M370X not recognized by Windows 8 partition. Mid 2015 15 inch Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.