Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS insists on on viewing and managing my mail, calendars and contacts

Two of my Gmail accounts can not be accessed on my iPhone (iOS 8.3) unless I give permission for iOS to “View, manage and permanently delete mail in Gmail”

It also wants to “Compose and send new email”.

and it requires me to agree to,

View my basic profile info

Manage my calendars

Manage my contacts

I don't want interference with my mail, calendar and contacts

What now?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 4:00 PM

I "guess" I get what you're saying here...but the way it pops up on the screen on iphone seems like ios is going to take over running my gmail account for me and do God knows what with it...I just found it unusual that previously I add email accounts through settings, but this new way takes me directly to the gmail login page to sign in...It's definitely different than it used to be...God only knows what they decided to track and monitor for now...

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 4:00 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I "guess" I get what you're saying here...but the way it pops up on the screen on iphone seems like ios is going to take over running my gmail account for me and do God knows what with it...I just found it unusual that previously I add email accounts through settings, but this new way takes me directly to the gmail login page to sign in...It's definitely different than it used to be...God only knows what they decided to track and monitor for now...

Jun 5, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Skodsborg

Use the Gmail app and the Google Calendar app, both available for download from the App Store.

All that's really asking you for permission to do is give you access to managing email through the built in Mail and Calendar apps. Most people who access their email and calendar accounts through the iPhone want to be able to send, receive and delete email on the phone and make, edit and delete calendar events.

iOS insists on on viewing and managing my mail, calendars and contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.