Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reset my iphone 4 and now i cant get in it ??!!!!

I asked one of my friends if he had an extra phone I could buy off him, since my other one broke. He gave me his old iPhone 4 and my boyfriend told me to reset it so it could be like brand new, everything could get deleted, and I could start it off clean. When I was setting it up, it told me I had to put the original Apple ID and password that the phone first got set up with. I asked my friend who gave the phone to me, what that was so I could get into the phone and then login to my Apple ID. But my friend completely forgot his old Apple ID and password because he made it years ago. So now I cant even get past that in the setting up process, and I cant get into the phone. I have asked around and I have heard if I take it to Apple, they will unlock it for me if I show proof that my friend gave it to me. I have no idea what I have to do because the friend who gave it to me would not be wiling to go with me and tell them he gave it to me because I just got out of school and I moved in with my dad which is far. SO NOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO! Some one please help me and tell me what to do!!😟

Other OS

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 8:13 AM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2015 3:27 PM in response to cassiecorrea21

Your friend can recover his old AppleID and password here:

Find your AppleId: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5625?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid

Then he needs to do all the steps in this link in the order given

(even if he is sure he has already done the steps):

Prepare your device to sell or give away

Or send the iPhone back to your friend who can take the iPhone and proof that

he was the original purchaser to an Apple store for assistance.

There is no workaround for Activation Lock.

I reset my iphone 4 and now i cant get in it ??!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.