Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2015 Doesn't wake from Sleep on Windows 8.1 Bootcamp

I have a fully updated version of Windows 8.1 pro 64-bit with the Bootcamp drivers from Apple's utility and the system requires a forced restart each time and I have to scan disk to fix data corruption. I've now set it never to sleep so I don't have to deal with this.

Apple was no help even though it's their drivers/hardware.

Microsoft was no help because it's Apple's drivers/hardware.

Anyone got their system to successfully work??

(I installed windows 8 pro 64-bit then upgraded to 8.1 with no issues)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2015, 2.9 GHZ, 8GB, 512 GB

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 10:48 AM

8 replies

Jun 5, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Loner T

I reposted because after the initial post, I realized the issues are totally different and it's better to focus each technical question.

No Thunderbolt devices attached, there are no peripherals connected to the computer when running Windows. This is a clean windows install at this point, only a couple of apps that aren't running all the time.

Jul 21, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Loner T

No, all installed without any issues, bootcamp drivers in windows installed without the hitch, no unknown devices in device manager. All working perfectly, apart from Windows is unable to do to sleep. If I just close the lid and reopen it later, Windows boots from scratch instead of waking up. 😟 The issue is only present on the new Macbook Pro 13 Retina Early 2015, have the previous version (non-retina) with identical setup and that one can go to sleep and wake up without any problems. Maurice

Oct 31, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Loner T

I have the same issue using MBA (mid 13 el C) Windows 8.1 Pro -64

I thought this may be the issue... (or one of many)

Device Manager

Display Adaptors

User uploaded file

PDCAP_Wake_From_D3_SUPPORTED

doesn't appear

It seems strange that D3 (Sleep) is supported by wake from D3 isn't...

I had issues with Apple SD not waking from sleep. Fixed that ... when I was able to wake W8.1 from sleep.

It seems my wake from sleep currently depends on if it's plugged into AC or just DC ... and if I force sleep or it times out to sleep...

and which way I'm holding my tongue when I try it.... am usually just left W8t1ng...

So confusing.

I have tried updating Display Adaptor drivers and checking powercfg.exe settings to see if changes there may help, went through the whole power options menu and tried numerous configurations of that.... but...

soooo confusing....

and still no wake from sleep when I want it.

Macbook Pro Retina 13" 2015 Doesn't wake from Sleep on Windows 8.1 Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.