Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 10 explorer.exe invaild value for registry

I have a macbook pro 15 inch, mid-2015

Hey I recently got windows 10 due to windows 8.1 having many issues with hibernation and networking. It seems those issues are fixed but a whole new can of worms is opened with windows 10. The main issue I have is that I cannot access many parts of the OS, mainly settings. Everytime I try to open a certain program, I will get the error:

"invaild value for registry"

In a little alert box with a red "X" next to it, and the title of the the alert box is "explorer.exe"

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Windows 8, Not windows 8, windows 10

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 1:08 PM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2015 3:08 PM in response to wins_lord

Thank you for the reply. Unforunately When I run that I get this error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 66feb43f-9fb9-0004-9ac0-fe66b99fd001 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 66feb43f-9fb9-0004-9ac0-fe66b99fd001

At line:1 char:38

+ ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCo mmand

Still getting the same error when trying to open a program "Invalid value for registry", this time it says RuntimeBroker.exe at the top

Jun 5, 2015 4:18 PM in response to ablefromtoronto

ablefromtoronto wrote:

Thank you for the reply. Unforunately When I run that I get this error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

There is way to run this in Safe Mode. Please see http://superuser.com/questions/492123/can-powershell-be-used-within-the-windows- recovery-environment .It requires quite a bit of work. This should work to Register.

windows 10 explorer.exe invaild value for registry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.