Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error-filename.numbers (or pages) couldn't be opened (iCloud files only)

Has anyone gotten this error when opening iCloud files on their mac? Any idea how to get it cleared up? I don't have any problems with iCloud files on my iPhone or iPad, but they won't open on my mac. If I move the file to my mac, it opens just fine, but that's a PITA and I will forget to put it back on iCloud. My mac is mid-2010, running Yosemite, with Number 3.5.3 and Pages 5.5.3. This problem just started this week. Thanks!

Lisa

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, My mac is from 2010

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 1:53 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 2:07 AM in response to Lubojacky

Hi,

I have the same problem. For some reason I have only seen it on my iMac and not my old MBP. I used to see it under Yosemite but it has been a particular problem since I have been using El Capitan. Previously it would affect only one iCloud app or folder. Now when it happens it affects all files on iCloud for me. The fix of dragging the file elsewhere no longer works and gives a Finder error. It used to be that turning off iCloud Drive in System Preferences would fix it but since upgrading that does not seem to work generally. Sometimes a log out and in will fix it but it often needs a reboot.

I have fed this back to Apple from back on the El Capitan betas but it is still not fixed. I am not sure of the cause as it seems to come on randomly. I think this is one where we will have to wait on Apple for a fix.

Stephen

Error-filename.numbers (or pages) couldn't be opened (iCloud files only)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.