Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choosing X and Y Axis Charts

Hello,

I am trying to make a 2 axis chart that draws on data from 3 different tables (each with 2 columns of data). When I go to edit references, the first column I select forms the line graph I want, however each additional column I select forms a bar graph.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have 1 column from each table be represented by a individual line graph (like the the first reference I selected) and to have the other 3 remaining columns from each table as the bar graph portion of the chart. How to I get two of those data references to stop forming bar graphs and move them to the other axis to be a line graph.

3 bars and 3 lines. I am working from my Ipad Air

Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, IPad Air as well

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 1:48 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2015 2:47 PM in response to TylerK17

I think what you are trying to do is too much for Numbers iPad Version, however I was able to do it in a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet on my PC and convert the file to Numbers for iPad and it worked. It let me change values and the chart gets updated.

So one option is to develop your spreadsheet in MS Excel or maybe in Numbers for Mac and then convert the file to Numbers for iPad.

Good luck!

Choosing X and Y Axis Charts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.