Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to give my ipad4 to my granddaughter and I want to erase everything that is on it. Will I erase anything on my Air2?

I Want to give my ipad4 to my granddaughter. If I erase everything that is on it will it affect my pix on my iPad Air2?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 1:32 PM

Use this support document to prepare your device to give to your granddaughter. What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure the photos are either synced to the computer or saved in iCloud. If they just reside on the iPad you want to erase, then you would have a problem. If they reside on the iPad Air 2, you are fine.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 5, 2015 1:32 PM in response to MerlotMike

Use this support document to prepare your device to give to your granddaughter. What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Make sure the photos are either synced to the computer or saved in iCloud. If they just reside on the iPad you want to erase, then you would have a problem. If they reside on the iPad Air 2, you are fine.

I want to give my ipad4 to my granddaughter and I want to erase everything that is on it. Will I erase anything on my Air2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.