Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Controls Bug: Enabled on Admin Account

Facing an incredibly stressful issue involving Parental Controls and would LOVE some help!

I initially enabled Parental Controls on my main Admin account but for whatever reason, I now can no longer remove the setting and it is locked as a "managed" account (which it shouldn't be). Now, whenever I try using the Internet, any and all https:// sites are being blocked and must be added; argh...

As below, when I try removing the check from the "Enable parental controls" box, an error appears stating I cannot enable parental controls for an administrator account (which is not true!) Though it initially unchecks, when I go back to the user page, the check box is filled once more.

User uploaded file

I created a new admin account and tried entering "Open Parental Controls" from there to remove it from my main account, but the same error appears.

In essence, the issue appears to be that the "Enable parental controls" function is locked into place on my main Admin account, which is now being set as "managed." Any and all advice on this issue would be MOST appreciated! 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 5:39 PM

There are no replies.

Parental Controls Bug: Enabled on Admin Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.