Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI: Connected, No Internet Access (Even with tethering)

User uploaded file

Yesterday i forgot to plug off my laptop charger before going out.

when i got back, i suddenly have this ⚠ exclamation mark in my Wifi icon.

Tried to change it to my own blackberry tethering, same result.

i used wifi to go to this website and write a discussion. seems usable, though can't download book when i tried to.

is this because of over charging?

(At the same time, my cable internet says cannot find PPPoE server again and again)

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 6:54 PM

1 reply

Jun 5, 2015 7:31 PM in response to Tim Willy

Click the Assist me button and select Assistant. Follow the prompts. You may get a warning that Wi-Fi is not available, that you're too far from the base station, or that you're using the wrong password.

Assuming that you've ruled out those possibilities, restart the computer and try again. If there's no change, from the Location menu at the top of the window, select Edit Locations. A sheet will drop down. Click the plus-sign button to create a new location. Give it any name you want. In the new location, set up the Wi-Fi service with the same settings you used before. Click Apply and test.

If you have control of the router, compare its settings to Apple's recommendations. Some third-party routers may be incompatible in 802.11b/g/n radio mode. Try setting the mode to 802.11n only.

WIFI: Connected, No Internet Access (Even with tethering)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.