Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem matching new releases since april 2015

Hi, i'm having this problem since middle april i think. i dont know what to do anymore....its making me crazy!!!

Before that all new release from jan 2015, feb 2015, mar 2015 matched like 99%.

But now..i can't match a thing for new releases.

I've printed this to make it more clear:

- an august 25, 2014 release (maroon5 - animals single) matches 100%: from original purchased AAC and purchased AAC converted to MP3.

- a may 27, 2015 release (the weeknd - ths hillls single) matches 0%: from original purchased AAC (stuck on 'waiting' forever) and purchased AAC converted to MP3.

User uploaded file

anyone is having this problem to? any lights?

thanks

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 8:40 PM

22 replies

Jun 5, 2015 10:42 PM in response to carlosmisse

HI,

Why do you need two copies?

The Maroon 5 song should show "Puchased" rather than "Matched ". Is it still available as a single in iTunes Store?

With regard the weeknd single, try deleting track and the redownload from previous purchases. Also delete the MP3 version from library and cloud but keep file to readd later.

I have found that if there is another version created from the original, it often gets stuck "waiting" because thinks that it is already in the cloud even when both versions have different formats.

Jim

Jun 6, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

hi!

i used purchased AAC only to show what is happening...as an example...but this is happening with MP3s from CD Rips or digital downloads from new releases to:

User uploaded file

- new releases (> april 2015) matches 0% (AAC: stuck on 'waiting' / AAC Converted to MP3: upload to icloud / CDRip or DDL MP3: upload to icloud)

- old releases (< april 2015) matches 100% (AAC: matched / AAC Converted to MP3: matched / CDRip or DDL MP3: matched)

why itunes doesn't match a recent (> april 2015) purchased AAC from the itunes store itself??? or from a recent MP3 from CDRip or DDL.... this doesn't make sense..theres something wrong on matching new releases...

Jun 12, 2015 2:01 PM in response to jlin69

Okay. I did a few tests and had some surprising results:

1 - No matter how many times I do all the steps to remove news song (I purchased elsewhere) completely from iCloud and then re-upload - it always UPLOADS the song unless the song was released before Mid-May/June.

So my conclusions was iTunes Match was broken. However...

2 - I did the same steps on an album that had not matched and UPLOADED to the cloud back in 2012. Within seconds however the entire album MATCHED!!!! I was shocked.

So my conclusion is that NEW MUSIC DOES NOT MATCH but MUSIC BEFORE MAY 2015 STILL MATCHES.

Jun 12, 2015 9:21 PM in response to chronicliar

Just posting to say I noticed the exact same problem others are reporting. Any new release that came out to iTunes Music Store around May 2015 will fail to match. As a test, I purchased an entire album directly from iTunes, converted each track to an MP3, then tried to match those songs. iTunes ended up failing to match every single song that came directly from the store, *unless* one of the tracks in the album had previously been in the store as part of a single or pre-release before May. So yes, something is messed up where they stopped cataloguing the waveforms or whatever data they use to identify songs. Matching older songs works fine.

Example of a song that matches fine: Krewella - Somewhere to Run - Single (Released Mar 23 2015)

Example of an entire *album* that fails to match: Galantis - Pharmacy (Released June 5 2015)

I'm also curious how the launch of Apple Music will ultimately affect iTunes Match in the future.

Jun 13, 2015 3:03 AM in response to Carloleg

I have noticed the same thing with two recent releases; Muse’s Drones and Blur’s Magic Whip. In both cases all songs uploaded except those which had been pre-released as singles which matched instead. However, I don’t think this is new behaviour and have seen it with new releases before, and I have a theory why.

Lat year I bought The Beatles Rubber Soul album. This album 100% matched when I put it into iTunes, but I noticed that there was an audio glitch on the Matched download of one song that wasn’t present on either the CD or the ripped copy. I searched these forums to see if anyone else had glitches on their matches, and found a discussion thread dedicated to this same glitch on the same song from Rubber Soul. Everyone who listed to a matched copy had the same glitch at the same position on the same song. What was interesting was that some posters said that they had purchased the same track from iTunes and that there was no glitch. This suggested that iTunes keeps two copies of each song in it’s library; one version for purchasing, and another for matching. Don’t know why this would be; perhaps something so simple as needing different metadata on each.

Anyway my theory is that there are these two versions of each album, and that iTunes needs to release the purchased version on time, to coincide with the general album release date. However, the matched copy is made available later (perhaps a few weeks to months, looking at the results in this thread). There’s probably no intentional reason for that delay, they just get to it when they can.

With that in mind, you might want to try re-matching in a few weeks time and you might have better success. I tried re-matching an album this morning that I bought last year when it was a new release. Last year when I tried matching it, it had just uploaded (apart from pre-released singles); sure enough this morning it matched straight away.

Problem matching new releases since april 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.