Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is end of days survival e-mail a virus

I Just got an e-mail called End of Days Survival why Obama will not finish his second term. I was curious what it was about and after looking at it I got a message that said the last website I visited infected my computer with a virus and it wants me to clean my mac with a cleaner on the scree. I did not do so but can't exit the window it only gives me one choice and that is to OK to start the cleaning process. I shut down everything right away and reopened but the message is still there I tried to force quit, I shut down, logged out but nothing will allow me to get rid of the message. Did I get a virus and if so what should I do next call Apple Support of go in to the Apple Store to the Genius Bar. Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 15 inch

Posted on Jun 5, 2015 8:38 PM

8 replies

Jun 5, 2015 8:43 PM in response to Gemgirl1

Hi,

It is a scam designed to scare you into relinquishing your computer and your personal information to lowlife thieves.

Exit Safari, and when you reopen it, do so while holding down the Shift Key.

Delete the email, and in future, do not click on links from any emails from an unknown source. They almost always are malicious.

Best of luck,

GB

Is end of days survival e-mail a virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.