Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I denied posting?

When I try to post a question about pages I get an error message that I am not permitted to alter or upload the content. What is going on?

This is my posting:

For some reason I have a newer version of pages on my Macbook Pro (the one with minimal features) that is useless and I would like to get rid of it. Somehow when I try it threatens to remove all pages versions. I need to keep the old one 4.3 as it has features that I use on a daily basis. How do I make sure that only the new version gets deleted - or alternatively, how do I make the new version go inert so that is doesn't come up as a default version, changing files that in tern the older pages cannot access any more.

And by the way, anybody know when they are going to scrap that useless piece of programming? Or have I missed something?

Any advice is much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), null

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 5:49 AM

Pages '09 v4.3 would have been silently moved into the Applications/iWork '09 folder location when any release of Pages v5 was installed. If you know for a fact that you have Pages v5 (Pages ▸ About Pages) in the Applications folder, then ensure that all Pages v5 saved documents are exported to Pages '09 first. Don't overlook any that may be in iCloud, or other non-local, storage locations. Leave Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app in its present location.

Once you have “rescued” your existing Pages v5 documents into Pages '09 document format, you can move Applications/Pages.app into the Trash and empty it, or you can right-click on the Applications/Pages.app and compress (zip) it — moving it out of Applications. The second gesture is a fail-safe in case you ever need to recover a Pages v5 document from a backup.

Next, you want to visit System Preferences ▸ App Store, and set it to the following to avoid an installation of Pages v5 again.

User uploaded file

Reboot.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2015 5:49 AM in response to ravenowl

Pages '09 v4.3 would have been silently moved into the Applications/iWork '09 folder location when any release of Pages v5 was installed. If you know for a fact that you have Pages v5 (Pages ▸ About Pages) in the Applications folder, then ensure that all Pages v5 saved documents are exported to Pages '09 first. Don't overlook any that may be in iCloud, or other non-local, storage locations. Leave Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app in its present location.

Once you have “rescued” your existing Pages v5 documents into Pages '09 document format, you can move Applications/Pages.app into the Trash and empty it, or you can right-click on the Applications/Pages.app and compress (zip) it — moving it out of Applications. The second gesture is a fail-safe in case you ever need to recover a Pages v5 document from a backup.

Next, you want to visit System Preferences ▸ App Store, and set it to the following to avoid an installation of Pages v5 again.

User uploaded file

Reboot.

Aug 4, 2015 7:16 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Me again, I am finally getting round to following your advice. I can open all my files in the 4.3 version that I keep using to write them. It also appears as an icon on my desktop. But when I go into Applications there is only the 5. version. Can I still zip that one? Does the old one automatically come back or is it still there, I just cannot see it? Or do I have to bring it into the Application folder somehow? I just want to make sure that I don't end up with no Pages at all.

Apologies for my non-knowledge. Its probably crystal clear to everybody else. Your help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Why am I denied posting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.