Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express questions?

I cant see my Airport Express on Airport Utility can any help my to see it ?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 7:11 AM

11 replies

Jun 6, 2015 7:20 AM in response to H.ibrahem

What model of AirPort Express do you have? Not sure....look for the model number on the side or bottom of the Express. It's hard to see...you may need a magnifying glass and good lighting. The model number starts with an "A" followed by four numbers. Examples.....

A1392

A1264

A1088

A1084

What version of AirPort Utility are you asking about? Not sure.....tell us what operating system you are using on your Mac, PC, or iOS device.

Jun 6, 2015 7:51 AM in response to H.ibrahem

I don't have a PC here running Windows 8, but we have seen some other posts from users who report that they are having difficulty using Windows 8 with the Apple AirPort routers.

Some users have reported that the Windows Firewall has been blocking the connection attempts, so you might want to check the firewall settings on your PC.

Jun 6, 2015 8:45 AM in response to H.ibrahem

I have Windows 8.1 and may be able to help. My PC is currently connected to my network by Ethernet and I am not having any difficulties "seeing" my A1392 AirPort Express base station. The PC is actively running its Windows 8 software firewall and I do not need to disable it in order to access the Express. However, my overall network configuration may be different.

What are the exact error message(s) that you are getting? ... and what exactly are the networking goals that you want to achieve with the Express?

Jun 6, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Tesserax

thank you Tesserax , the status messages like this

Double NAT

This Airport base station has a private IP address on its Ethernet WAN port . It is connected to a device or net work that is using network Translation (NAT) to provide private IP addresses Change your airport bass station from using DHCP and NAT to bridge mode .

and also the goal to use airport express I need to create network to connected on my iPhone and IPad .that's means I need to connected over wireless connection not Ethernet .

Jun 6, 2015 9:52 AM in response to H.ibrahem

Double NAT

Double NAT indicates that there are two or more routers with NAT enabled. This function is enabled by default on most, if not all, routers. The solution is to disable this function on the downstream router. There must be another router in the network configuration. Is the Express connected to another router by Ethernet? If so, you will want to leave that router configured as is and reconfigure the Express as a bridge.

This Airport base station has a private IP address on its Ethernet WAN port . It is connected to a device or net work that is using network Translation (NAT) to provide private IP addresses Change your airport bass station from using DHCP and NAT to bridge mode

These errors are directly related to the first one. Again you will want to reconfigure the Express as a bridge. This will disable both its NAT & DHCP services. This is what you'll want. These services will then be taken up by the "main" router.

You will reconfigure the Express as a bridge using the AirPort utility as follows:

• Start the AirPort Utility
  • Select the Express, and then, select Manual Setup.
  • Select the Internet icon.
  • Select the Internet Connection tab.
  • Change Connection Sharing to: Off (Bridge Mode)
  • Select Update and allow the base station to restart.

Jun 6, 2015 6:37 PM in response to H.ibrahem

Ok, if you can access the Express with your iPhone, then you can use its version of the AirPort Utility to make the changes, as follows:

• Run the AirPort Utility app on the iPhone.
  • Select the Express, and then, select Edit.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Select DHCP and NAT.
  • Change Router Mode to: Off (Bridge Mode)
  • Select Done, and allow the Express to restart.

Airport Express questions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.