Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a gold ★

Sometimes, about every two weeks, I get a star on my reply. Occurs immediately after I post. Anyone else see this? Ideas? How do I get a star. Does star last?

occurred in this discussion.

You are not allowed to create or update this content.

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 9:20 AM

92 replies

Jun 6, 2015 10:51 AM in response to rccharles

Robert,

If any consolation, I see it too as of 2015-06-06+12:23.

There is some source code on that message of that thread next to your username that may shed light that is NOT present next to your username here

User uploaded file

============= all the green is missing here in this thread in which we are in now associated with your username ===========

User uploaded file

====== I "think" this [ id-"jive-nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" ] is a code for a "location of an image" on some big "sheet" of images - positioned and masked nifty-ly.

If you'll remember, these stars appeared for about half a day when the new Solvie / Helpie protocol was rolled out

Methinks your AppleID has the glitch attached (seems that several glitches must be AppleID oriented, as they happen to some but not all)

You ARE Special ! ! !

ÇÇÇ

Jun 6, 2015 1:12 PM in response to Kurt Lang

Howdy Kurt

With due respect, Robert does not use Safari - nor do I and I see the star too on the thread he referenced. If you see it too, Safari or not, that likely means that it the gltich du jour affecting everyone - though unique to Robert's AppleID.

When I looked at first, there were no awards of any kind for Robert or anyone else on the thread

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Further, your approach cannot explain the "extra" source code I illustrate - look for yourself 😉

buenos tardes, amigo

ÇÇÇ

Jun 6, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Kurt Lang

The browser doesn't really matter. This was discussed at great length in the Lounge between the users and the hosts. The cartoon stars weren't supposed to be on, but were for about a day when the upgrade went live. What you're supposed to see for helpful marks are these stars:

User uploaded file

Clearing whatever cache files are currently on the drive for the browser you're using should clear the yellow ones.

Jun 6, 2015 2:34 PM in response to Kurt Lang

You are indeed right about the browser 'independent' ... both Firefox and Safari with freshly cleared caches (Safari was a fresh start, never having visited the thread) DO in fact display the 'cartoon' Star. That said, with due respect to the discussion 'twixt the Hosts and the Lounge-ites - this must be different or the discussion was a bill of goods.

Your "helpie" indicator illustration is not present from my screenshot from 12:25 today (not included earlier) has two functions depending on WHO clicks it.

User uploaded file

If the OP does it, it gets a Gold Star (below) - if a participant or lurker does it, it is indicated as you illustrate

User uploaded file

I am just gonna add Robert's glitch to the menu of the others we see, visiting Robert's post every now and then to see if it repairs itself (or is repaired)

Jun 6, 2015 4:47 PM in response to rccharles

I suspect you've picked up something extra when copying and pasting from an older post.

Like this:

For a good ASC experience, I suggest:

How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC )

What does "you are not allowed to create or update this content" mean?

Except it hasn't worked for me. 😕

Note the star is linked to that second post reference that has appeared.

tt2

Jun 6, 2015 5:14 PM in response to rccharles

The star itself comes this bit of html which is embedded in your reply:

<span class="j-ui-elem j-helpful-btn-star">Test</span>

But if I try to enter it directly into html then it gets cleaned out.

Aha, I can do it after all. So you've probably just picked up an excess bit of html baggage when copying one of your posts that had been marked as helpful.

tt2

Jun 6, 2015 5:32 PM in response to turingtest2

I've got to try this.

For a good ASC experience, I suggest:How to improve your experience with Apple Support Communities ( ASC ) What does "you are not allowed to create or update this content" mean?I noticed another person was complaining about the same yesterday. Best to download several web browsers, so you can try another when the web is acting odd. FireFox and Chrome, etc.Robert
This helped me (0)

I got a gold ★

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.