Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Apple send out emails to verify account info ?

Dear Client

We've noticed that some of your account information appears to be missing or incorrect We need to verify your account information in order to continue using your Apple ID, Please Verify your account information by clicking on the link below

Click here to Verify your ID

Thanks for choosing Apple,
Apple Team

Do Apple send out emails like this...the return email is Apple <support@entropay.com> i am thinking its a spam delete but dont know enough about the situation....?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2015 7:53 PM

It's a total scam - what is known as a phishing attempt. You can send the info to Apple here:

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Follow the instructions in the link, and never send your personal information to anyone via a link sent through an email.

Best of luck,

GB

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2015 7:53 PM in response to Beat1111

It's a total scam - what is known as a phishing attempt. You can send the info to Apple here:

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Follow the instructions in the link, and never send your personal information to anyone via a link sent through an email.

Best of luck,

GB

Jun 7, 2015 7:32 AM in response to gail from maine

Extreme prejudice requires getting one's hands on their worthless necks!

There is something about SCAMmers that prey upon the naive and elderly (my Mom, 89, with no computer, gets a "Windows computer detection" call about once a month) that makes me wish we still had hangings on the Courthouse Square 😠

These critters have even resorted to the original methods - snail mail. I had to stop my 25y/o son from calling on a Spanish Prisoner one a few weeks ago. They had hijacked a real sole-proprietor business (an award winning TV videographer and media designer) using her real address and had real banks and everything (Google Street view is handy). The $$$$.$$ made his eyes cross I guess, because when I read it it even had a "click here" on an email address on a piece of paper!!

Let's not forget the door-to-door "Gypsy Home-improvement" scammers - almost got my hands on them but they fled before the cops came (snatched a $600 check from my Mom's hand as she was handing it over)

As long as there is the kind of $$ to be made - est. $100Billion worldwide on cybercrime alone - we are relatively helpless

Online fraud costs global economy 'many times more than ...

www.theguardian.com › Technology › Cybercrime
The Guardian

Oct 30, 2013 - Online fraud costs global economy much more than $100bn, expert says ... told that the annual cost of cyber crime was around 100 billion US dollars. ... UK faces mass 'ransomware' email attack from cybercriminal gangs.
NOTE that insurance and credit card fraud are a separate tally.
I have little sympathy for "investment" scam victims though... the victims are willing participants that want profits that others cannot share.
sorry for the rant - on topic though!! - I woke up to Cable TV issues this AM...

Do Apple send out emails to verify account info ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.