Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiger on a power mac g5

hi i need to install tiger on my power mac g5 but the version 10.4 discs don't work because its dual core. So i need to get hold of version 10.4.2 or higher.

is there anywhere i can download this as ebay people want a good £20 for it and i can only find retail 10.4 cd and it needs to be 10.4.2 or higher for it to boot the installer from the cd.

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 7:16 AM

3 replies

Jun 7, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Reel fishing 2

IF they have them in stock (biggish IF) :

If you are in the US call Apple Customer Support 1-800-767-2775, provide the Serial Number and specifications of the Mac, and for a reasonable fee, they will supply a replacement set of system discs (if available).

The discs will be for the original version of the OS that was pre-installed when the Mac was manufactured.

If you are in another country:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

Tiger on a power mac g5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.