Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app not downloading email from one person

Hi

I am using Mail.app (v2.1) on 10.4.8 with a mac.com email address setup and am having problem receiving emails from just one person - that's right only one sender.

What happens is, the person sends the email and it arrives at the webmail interface (i.e. I can view the email using Safari) but the emails are not downloading to Mail.app like all others i receive, I have to login to .Mac webmail to read the emails this persons is sending to me.

At one stage while trying to solve this I had a "Rule" which would play a certain sound when email from this person arrives and Mail.app would play this sound but still didn't download the email.

I have tried synchronising the account and rebuilding the mailbox but am still not able to get Mail.app to download these emails.

Thanks for any help.
Gary

PowerBook G4 1.25GHz FW800 Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 26, 2006 6:43 AM

2 replies

Nov 8, 2006 6:38 PM in response to iSilver

I have had the same problem for over a year. Certian senders using my .MAC account get stuck on the .mac server. After a few days, a few of the emails may get through. Other emails to my .mac account will get through.

For me, this started over a year ago when there was an OS update. I noticed it started on this Ibook then continued to all other MACs as the updates where made. I too have rebuilt the mailbox and synced the accounts.

Where you able to fix your problem?

Ibook G4 800 Mhz Mac OS X (10.4.8) Mail 2.4.1

Mail.app not downloading email from one person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.