Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art keeps disappearing?

Last week, I unplugged my iPod (5th gen. touch) from my computer after adding ONE song (yes, the sync was complete) and all of my album art mysteriously disappeared. I wiped out the iPod and reloaded all of my 3000+ songs to get the art back... all was going well until everything disappeared again! Started over one more time, was on a roll, and all my album art got deleted for a third time. I give up.

It seems like this happens when the "uploading files" step freezes and I cancel it. After that, I can see that the iPod is still trying to do something (since the spinning circle is still showing), and then boom - all artwork is gone.

Any ideas as to why this keeps happening and what I can do to get all my artwork back for good?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 4:44 PM

2 replies

Jun 8, 2015 2:03 AM in response to lmay08

Try:

http://www.mcelhearn.com/deleting-the-itunes-album-artwork-cache-folder-may-reso lve-problems-with-album-art-displaying/

If a PC then:

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Then:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Album art keeps disappearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.