Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime pro startup problem

I cannot edit my videos. I bought quicktime pro, and entered the reg.code and hit apply and ok. It shows that I have quicktime pro, but when I startup quicktime I cannot see the editing features.....

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 5:40 PM

2 replies

Jun 7, 2015 7:36 PM in response to jtornick

jtornick wrote:

but when I startup quicktime I cannot see the editing features.....

Are you saying that when you launch QuickTime 7 Pro, you still see the "PRO" next to greyed out menu options? It may seem like a silly question to ask, but are you launching QuickTime 7 after registering and not QuickTime X?

Also, it would be helpful to know what platform, OS version, and version of QuickTime you are running.

Jun 8, 2015 6:45 AM in response to jtornick

I cannot edit my videos. I bought quicktime pro, and entered the reg.code and hit apply and ok. It shows that I have quicktime pro, but when I startup quicktime I cannot see the editing features.....

Have you loaded a movie? The QT 7 Pro menus are "context adaptive." If no file is loaded to the player, the app cannot tell to what extent the data may or may not be edit compatible and so it grays out the options. Even when loaded some files may be playback only, playback and conversion only compatible, or fully playnack, conversion, and edit compatible.

User uploaded file

quicktime pro startup problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.