Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to display my iPad on my t.v. even with the correct cabling attached to my t.v.'s HDMI port. iPad version is 8.3.

I have been trying to connect my iPad 4 to my t.v. to be able to watch Hulu on a bigger screen. I have the correct cables attached to my iPad and my t.v. and was able to watch my iPad on my t.v. previously. I have upgraded the iOS software at least a couple of times since the last time I was able to watch my iPad on my t.v. Did something in a recent upgrade knock out the ability to watch an iPad 4 on a t.v.? If so, I need to know what to do about it.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 2:30 PM

Hi skjohnson30,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPad and your Apple Digital AV adapter. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are seeing, or if this issue is occuring with all apps/function or just with the Hulu app. If you continue having issues with your video out connection, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2015 2:30 PM in response to skjohnson30

Hi skjohnson30,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPad and your Apple Digital AV adapter. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are seeing, or if this issue is occuring with all apps/function or just with the Hulu app. If you continue having issues with your video out connection, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Jun 9, 2015 3:32 PM in response to brenden dv

No, this is with everything. When I plug the iPad into the t.v. with the correct cables, I get a message on my iPad that says "This device is not supported on this iPad." I had not been having trouble watching t.v. on my iPad until a couple of iOS updates were done on my iPad. So I'm wondering if it was an update that broke everything. My iPad is currently running iOS 8.3.

I am unable to display my iPad on my t.v. even with the correct cabling attached to my t.v.'s HDMI port. iPad version is 8.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.