Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

30-pin cable compatibility issue for iPod Nano

I have an iPod Nano 6th generation which I purchased new a few years ago. The cable has gotten lost, so I have tried using the cable that came with my iPod Classic. This Classic was not purchased new, I bought it off eBay. The cable that came with it does not seem to be compatible with my Nano - it looks the same as the cable that was lost, but when I use it to attach the Nano to my Macbook, nothing happens.

Can I just assume this is due to a defect in the iPod Classic which I got on eBay? Or does a cable have to be engineered to be compatible with a specific model of iPod? Looking on the Apple web site, I only see one type of 30-pin to USB cable listed there. So I assume I should be able to buy one of these and it will work with my iPod Nano?

Grateful for any information that anyone can share.

Enjoy your day!

iPod nano, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 1:43 PM

Could be a problem with the cable that came with the Classic. If it is an Apple cable with the 30 pin connector on one side and USB connector on the other it should work.

1 reply

30-pin cable compatibility issue for iPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.