Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes gui

The iTunes GUI is a thorough-going mess. I suggest that Apple should send all responsible GUI designers to a remote conference to get their heads right. First principal: A Graphical User Interface (GUI) should NEVER dump users into program modes -- that is on a screen without a symmetrical escape (undo) provided. Second principal: GUI design must be restricted to those fluent in the linga franca of the interface (e.g., English-as-a-second-language designers seem to always miss-out on the pseudal mnemonics of the second language.)

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 12:52 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:00 AM in response to Thutmosis86

I couldn't agree with you more. The current iTunes GUI is an abomination that offends its users and breaks far too many of Apples own older Human Interface Guidelines. Apple makes it hard to not use it even if you can try.

Currently the best way is to avoid using iTunes as much as possible. I use Swinsian for my music, letting iTunes building the basic library and do the syncing. This gives me a great powerful interface for my music in Swinsian, yet retains full functionality for those parts of iTunes that are essential.

Why should we even need to discuss this? Apple should keep doing products anyone wants to use, can use and love to use. When it deviates it should own up and fix the issues, in this case extremely obvious ones. Not necessarily to our specifications, but to the real Apple way. I really think Apple would be stronger as brand and have even more happy customers willing to spend more on all kinds of products.

itunes gui

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.