Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deafening speaker error??

Every randomly, my son is playing Minecraft on the iMac "just mining blocks" when the speakers of the computer blare deafeningly loudly static. The only way to stop it is to unplug the computer. I suspect it may have something to do with my laundry day. I fold clothes on the kitchen table, which is where the iMac also sits. No laundry touches the computer, but could static be traveling that somehow triggers the speakers to do this? The volume of the computer is always low (below three clicks) when this happens. I also wasn't actually folding when it happened the last time. The clothes were sitting on the table though. Any ideas why this is happening, or fix ideas for it?? TIA!!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 12:33 PM

1 reply

Aug 3, 2015 4:42 AM in response to Icelyn

This just happened again. 5:30 am, I'm in the bedroom, main iMac is out in the living room. It starts doing full volume clicking sounds. I race out there to unplug it and just as I get to the computer it restarts on its own. I noticed the screen of a Blizzard video game was up before it reset. No laundry yesterday (haha). All I can figure at this point is that video games can trigger this effect? This hasn't happened at all in the last 2 months and my son has been playing this video game a lot all summer. Anyone have ANY ideas for how to prevent this? Thanks!!

Deafening speaker error??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.