Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.8 - Split/Import Events by Date

Hi All, I was recently forced to upgrade iMovie to the very latest version, and I'm struggling to understand how to either import movies by date, or, once they're imported into a single event, split up that event by date. Being able to have each date as an event was really helpful to be able to find family movies from a large library, so I'll miss that functionality if it's been removed! Has anyone had the same problem with iMovie 10.0.8? Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 1:03 PM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2015 1:32 PM in response to LNFletcher

Hey LNFletcher,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to import videos by date and split events. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iMovie (2013): Organize your events and projects

Whenever you import video footage, iMovie automatically places the clips into events, based on the date and time the video footage was recorded.

To split a single event: Create the new events you need, and then move the clips or projects you want to separate from the original event to the new events.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Apr 4, 2016 3:25 PM in response to Jim Wanamaker

Yes I realise that but I have over 500 clips on my hard drive in various folders and subfolders due to a previous iMovie upgrade. In previous versions I would be able to tell iMovie to automatically put the clips in different events based on date. I can't do that anymore. It would take days to do it manually due to the way the folders are organised. So I have one event that spans years of footage. I was just hoping that iMovie could simply split one event with multiple dates into separate events based on dates. It seems not.

iMovie 10.0.8 - Split/Import Events by Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.