You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing HR chest monitor/sensor to iPhone AND Apple Watch at same time (?)

Hi, I have a question. Since we all know that the Apple Watch gives pretty inaccurate HR monitors when doing weight lifting/pulls-ups...etc; I have decided to buy a Bluetooth Heart-rate Monitor/Sensor (chest strap) and happy to report it works with the Apple Watch, where I can see continuous & accurate readings now, to either the Apple Watch, or my iPhone. But I did notice that I CANNOT get continuous HR reading on BOTH the iPhone AND Apple Watch at the SAME time. Anybody was able to make this work (both at SAME time)??? If so, which Bluetooth HR Monitor are you using and how?? I like using my Apple Watch for continuous HR since it's right there on my wrist, i can easily see it right away when i want to... but I also like the iPhone App(s) to be able to track my HR monitor/zones (FatBurn, Aerobic, Anaerobic, VO2 max, etc), Live.....

Also question #2, If there is NO way to be able to give out continuous HR reading on BOTH the iPhone AND Apple Watch at the same time (since both use Bluetooth frequency and Bluetooth can only opearte on one at a time, or something along those lines), then is there any way to MANUALLY input the summary data (like Active Calories Burnt) then into the Activity App??

Watch Sport 42mm, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 1:14 PM

2 replies

Jun 8, 2015 1:59 PM in response to bseskaf

Unless you can find an HR strap that can support pairing to two devices at once, no, it won't work. I don't know of any that do. I've seen some that will pair to ANT+ and BT at the same time but that wouldn't help in this case.

For all athletic tech, my favorite source of information is Ray Maker:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com

At this time there is no way to manually enter data into the Activity app.

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Pairing HR chest monitor/sensor to iPhone AND Apple Watch at same time (?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.