Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake On Bluetooth

Hey,

Here's the thing. Got an iMac 27'' (Late 2013). It runs BootCamp 5.1.5640 on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. It has some Broadcom Bluetooth hardware which is called "Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth" in device manager.

The problem is that I'm pretty sure that for almost a year of using this machine I have always been able to wake Windows 7 up with Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard. Few days ago I got problems waking OS up. So I decided to reinstall all drivers

Now, I still cannot wake it up. And now "Allow the device to wake computer from sleep" on "Power management" tab for mentioned above device is grayed out, so I cannot control it anymore. This check box is enabled and set for mouse and keyboard, but I need it on radio in order for things to work.

I tried reinstalling drivers for radio and periphery, re-pairing things etc, removing other drivers from third party devices, even removing recent Windows updates with no luck.

Is there way to enable waking OS up with Bluetooth again? Does it even work for you?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Jun 8, 2015 5:10 PM

12 replies

Jun 9, 2015 3:23 AM in response to Loner T

Hey,

Thank you very much for quick answer. Did both things. Then, tried re-adding device, reinstalling it's driver, re-pairing things. Same thing. Here's the screen. It's in russian but it sort of speaks for itself. The bottom check is our option and it's disabled no matter what I do. I even tried reinstalling USB 3.0 drivers and repairing BootCamp software. The only thing I cannot do is to reinstall chipset drivers since installer doesn't let to remove or repair them,.

User uploaded file

Jun 9, 2015 5:49 AM in response to Loner T

Nope. No errors in events. And yes, I tried switching to, say, "Power saver" plan that has all sleep/hibernate things set on and it had no effect even after reboot.

Interesting thing is that I just checked dad's MacBook Pro 15'' (Mid 2009) and it has this option grayed out as well. It runs same Win7 x64 SP1, maybe without latest updates installed. That makes me thing that maybe this option could be enabled by some Bluetooth-related manipulations, or by attaching device with particular Bluetooth service, lie BT audio maybe. Don't have a headset...

What hardware do you have paired?

Jun 10, 2015 7:31 AM in response to desmortum

Currently I have a Motorola S9 headset paired in BT devices. I have had a trackpad and a wireless keyboard paired in the past without any issues.

User uploaded file

If you are able to successfully wake up devices, can you check Event Viewer and verify that the wake-up is due to the intended BT device? Please also check what the BT device is paired with..

Jun 11, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Loner T

I fixed all problems. It turnes out, when BootCamp services being installed, they're applying registry changes after actual drivers installation. And so, when you are reinstalling some drivers separately, especially with previous uninstallation, somehow they mess the registry thing. So whenever you need to reinstall one driver or another, just run BootCamp repair instead of messing with particular installer. Or you gonna spend big part of your vacation fixing crap because of your personal OCD on that, like I did.

Wake On Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.