Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to Windows 10 under Boot Camp

What is the situation with updating a Windows 7 installation to Windows 10 next month?

I have run the 'Get Windows 10' app and reserved my free upgrade. I have also done 'Check my PC' and it reports two devices are not fully compatible with Windows 10:

1. VNC Mirror Driver - you'll experience problems with your display.

2. Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth may not work correctly.

Will there be a Boot Camp update to address these issues?

I'm using a Macbook Pro with Boot Camp under OS X Yosemite.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 5:42 AM

6 replies

Jun 10, 2015 1:37 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for the information. I've never had to bother with third party drivers like this before - Boot Camp has always provided all I need for a working Windows. Is this not going to continue to be the case under Windows 10? Do I actually need a VNC Mirror driver (I have no idea what it is) and will bluetooth no longer work without the Broadcom one?

Jun 10, 2015 3:30 AM in response to NickRich

Yes, it should continue. BC drivers are initially installed, but Windows Update (especially Automatic WU) can overwrite these drivers causing problems. BT should work with BC drivers. Some of the newer Macs do not yet have BT drivers for Windows.

Your VNC Mirror driver most likely came from an installation of RealVNC/UltraVNC or Cygwin.

Updating to Windows 10 under Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.