Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot share photos to shared album

Hi. I have created an album of selected photos and now want to share it as a new shared album. I have around 900 photos in the album and have been able to share 80 of them. When I try and share the rest I get an error message "cannot share photos to shared album". I have tried excluding panoramas and I have tried small batches but nothing works.

Any ideas for a fix please? Thanks.

Photos version 1 (209.52.0)

OS X YOSEMITE VERSION 10.10.3 (14D136)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2017 3:25 PM

This happened to me BUT I FIGURED IT OUT.

It had to do with something I did when editing the photos - either the size, cropping, or dimensions of my photo.

So - I opened them and reverted them all to their original.

After I did that - those photos shared - no problem.

A few others - I had to rotate

Once I did that - they shared (some were sideways and upside down...BUT...they shared)

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2017 3:25 PM in response to keithfromcascais

This happened to me BUT I FIGURED IT OUT.

It had to do with something I did when editing the photos - either the size, cropping, or dimensions of my photo.

So - I opened them and reverted them all to their original.

After I did that - those photos shared - no problem.

A few others - I had to rotate

Once I did that - they shared (some were sideways and upside down...BUT...they shared)

Jan 28, 2016 12:46 PM in response to Mangelillo

I just closed out my old library and now made a new one for this year. The shared albums are gone and I am trying to create a new one to no avail.

Did you enable your new library as the current System Photo Library in the Photos > Preferences > General?

"Use as System Photo Library" should be grayed out. Only then will you be able to enable "Photos > Preferences > iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing" . Then your Shared Albums would slowly begin to appear again. It may take more than a day.

Feb 19, 2016 2:32 AM in response to keithfromcascais

I am experiencing the same annoying problem. I even upgraded my iCloud storage thinking it may be that. Now I am further out of pocket and still no clue why I cannot upload. Whats strange is the previous week x2 folders uploaded correctly. both containing in excess of 500 photos (not that that should be an issues now I have bought space) There's not even an error code that will help lead to a solution!!!

cannot share photos to shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.