Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App didn't download, but appears with cloud icon

Hi there,

I tried to download an app today, Evernote Scannable, into my Ipad.

At that moment, I was downloading another app, and while the other was downloading, I clicked the "GET" button to put them to download both simultaneously.

I regret doing so.

The first app downloaded perfectly. But Evernote Scannable got totally stuck. It shows a cloud icon, as if the app was actually installed in my Ipad. It doesn't however appear on the App list on Settings, or in Storage. It only shows in the Ipad homepage with a greyed out icon saying "Waiting". The moment I click that icon, I get "Unable to download app, Evernote Scannable could not be downloaded at this time". Same thing if I go to the App store and click on the cloud icon.

I tried in my 2nd Ipad, and the same. Now both my Ipads are showing the same problem. The Evernote Scannable is appearing in my account as downloaded, but it never made it into none of my Ipads.

The funny thing is that the Ipads are working perfectly and I am actually able to download anything from the App Store into them. It's this particular app that got stuck.

I tried resetting pressing the on and home button. Nothing. I installed the 8.3 update. Nothing. I can now see that the problem is in the account, so it doesn't help to reset or do things to my Ipads.

It's been two hours trying things, so I decided to seek for help in the forum. I'll much appreciate any help you can give me with this issue.

Thank you in advance.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 3:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 5:31 AM

Try this. It will refresh your ID and hopefully jump start the download again. Sign out of your Apple ID, turn off WiFi, restart your iPad, turn WiFi on again, sign in again and then tap the waiting icon.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out.

Settings>WiFi>Off

Restart your iPad.

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Settings>WiFi>On

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Sign in.

Tap the waiting icon and see if it resumes downloading.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2015 5:31 AM in response to kinomans

Try this. It will refresh your ID and hopefully jump start the download again. Sign out of your Apple ID, turn off WiFi, restart your iPad, turn WiFi on again, sign in again and then tap the waiting icon.

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and sign out.

Settings>WiFi>Off

Restart your iPad.

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  3. After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Settings>WiFi>On

Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Sign in.

Tap the waiting icon and see if it resumes downloading.

Jun 9, 2015 6:09 AM in response to kinomans

When you tried the reset, did you hold down on both the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appeared on the screen? I just want to make sure that you did that properly.

Sometimes resetting your router can help. Unplug it for about 30 seconds and then plug it in again.

Did you try deleting the app by holding down on the icon until it wiggles, then tap the X on the icon to delete it?

Another thing to try is to reset all settings. No data is lost, but you have to enter device settings again, like WiFi passwords, select your preferred wallpaper, etc. The iPad will restart on its own when settings are reset. Settings >General>Reset>Reset all settings.

Jun 9, 2015 7:14 AM in response to Demo

Demo, thanks so much!!

This is what worked, and in the sequence it worked:

1. Logging out of itunes

2. Erasing the icon of the "waiting" app, while wiggling.

2. Resetting by pressing home/wake at the same time until Apple logo appeared.

3. Once the Ipad restarted, open the App store, but without logging in into itunes.

4. Click GET on the problematic app. Then, enter the itunes ID and password, when prompted.

Again, thanks soooo much and all the best to you

App didn't download, but appears with cloud icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.