Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Performa 200 Problem

I ordered a Macintosh Performa 200 on ebay for spares/repairs. The first time I Powered it up nothing showed up on the screen. So I opened it and the chassis fell off so i put it on and powered it up again. This time it had vertical lines and no startup chime and I don't know what to do. If any would help I would appreciate it thanks.

Macintosh Performa 200-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 8:32 PM

One should be extremely careful with an all-in-one classic Macintosh computer because of the high-voltage circuits. Any work inside must only be performed by someone with the necessary expertise. There can be dangerous charges in capacitors/CRT even after the computer has been switched off and disconnected from the mains.

A bad logic board battery can cause difficulties. Sometimes it helps to remove/disconnect and reseat/reconnect various modules and cables on the logic board. Also, an inspection of boards could reveal leaking/bulging electrolytic capacitors.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2015 8:32 PM in response to williammorton4

One should be extremely careful with an all-in-one classic Macintosh computer because of the high-voltage circuits. Any work inside must only be performed by someone with the necessary expertise. There can be dangerous charges in capacitors/CRT even after the computer has been switched off and disconnected from the mains.

A bad logic board battery can cause difficulties. Sometimes it helps to remove/disconnect and reseat/reconnect various modules and cables on the logic board. Also, an inspection of boards could reveal leaking/bulging electrolytic capacitors.

Performa 200 Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.