Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast rejected, but I can subscribe and play everything.

I submitted my podcast, and it was rejected with this message:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear podcast owner,

The podcast located at the URL shown below has been blocked or removed from the iTunes directory as a result of technical problems with the feed.

Name: Resubmit Just Jesus - Answers For Life

Feed URL: http://justjesuschrist.com/just-jesus-rss2.xml

If you wish to reactivate your podcast in the iTunes directory, please troubleshoot your feed and check the functionality of each episode. To test your podcast, start iTunes, select Subscribe to Podcast from the Advanced menu, and enter your feed URL in the dialog box. If you can successfully subscribe to your podcast and listen to each of the episodes, you can reactivate your podcast by resubmitting the feed using the Submit a Podcast page,https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/publishPodcast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can subscribe to it and play everything. But yet it is still being rejected.

Can you provide any insight as to why this is happening?

Thanks,

Jennifer Cowles

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Your media file filenames have spaces in them, between the number and the title. Spaces are not allowed in a URL. The feed has handled this correctly by substituting the code %20 for each space, and this ought to solve the problem - subscribing in iTunes works OK, and I would have expected the Store to handle it. However for some reason FeedValidator is seeing these as spaces, and so the Store is probably having the same problem.

You should replace each space in the file name with an underscore or hyphen, or remove it altogether; this will mean renaming the files on the server if possible, or renaming the originals and re-uploading them, and then modifying the feed to match.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2015 3:11 PM in response to jencowles

Your media file filenames have spaces in them, between the number and the title. Spaces are not allowed in a URL. The feed has handled this correctly by substituting the code %20 for each space, and this ought to solve the problem - subscribing in iTunes works OK, and I would have expected the Store to handle it. However for some reason FeedValidator is seeing these as spaces, and so the Store is probably having the same problem.

You should replace each space in the file name with an underscore or hyphen, or remove it altogether; this will mean renaming the files on the server if possible, or renaming the originals and re-uploading them, and then modifying the feed to match.

Jun 17, 2015 10:57 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger, I resubmitted it the same day that you answered my question a week ago. But I still haven't heard back. In fact a two days after resubmitted it I got nervous with no response, and resubmitted it again.

Does it normally take this long to get approved? Is there anyway to check where the podcast is at with the submission process?

Thanks,
Jennifer Cowles

Jun 17, 2015 11:18 AM in response to jencowles

Usually when you re-submit a feed which was previously submitted you get an error message telling you it's already been submitted, even if it was removed or rejected (it's a bug in the software). If you didn't get that then it's possible that you've made it into the submissions queue, but there's not really any way of knowing what exactly is going on. When first submitting a feed it can take two weeks and sometimes rather more before it's accepted, but I don't know whether things are any different in your situation.

Podcast rejected, but I can subscribe and play everything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.