Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I use corsair or kingston ram on my imac, will i void my warrantee?

I recently moved over from PC to the new iMac 5k retina.
Performance is beyond amazing and I think it is the best move I could have made. Only problem that I have is that the 8gb ram that comes with my model is not enough for what I need it for. The store where I purchased my mac does sell Crusial Ram, but at a really really high price. If i upgrade my ram with kingston or corsair ram, will i void my warrantee?

iMac with Retina 5K display

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 11:08 AM

7 replies

Jun 9, 2015 11:25 AM in response to lemonsquare

lemonsquare wrote:

I recently moved over from PC to the new iMac 5k retina.
Performance is beyond amazing and I think it is the best move I could have made. Only problem that I have is that the 8gb ram that comes with my model is not enough for what I need it for. The store where I purchased my mac does sell Crusial Ram, but at a really really high price. If i upgrade my ram with kingston or corsair ram, will i void my warrantee?

The warranty will not be voided however I recommend to not consider either brand. iMacs are sensitive to RAM and require high quality RAM, I (along with many experience users on these forums) only recommend using Crucial (buy it direct) or OWC (www.macsales.com).

Both vendors are competitively priced and supply high quality parts with excellent service.

Jun 27, 2015 4:07 AM in response to lemonsquare

The sweetness of saving a few bucks is quickly replaced by the stench of constant kernel panics and possible data loss. You bought a top of the line computer and you're going to upgrade it with bargain basement parts? Stay away from the bargain basement computer store and get Crucial http://www.crucial.com/usa/en or OWC http://eshop.macsales.com/ You'll likely find Crucial is cheaper online than at a brick and mortar store.

If I use corsair or kingston ram on my imac, will i void my warrantee?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.