Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to make iTunes account requires without credit information (Australia)?

How manipulative .. you can't make a iTunes account without a credit card .. you may choose to remove it later .. ;( .. I tried all possible ways and it is not possible .. at least in Australia apple store.. and you don't have any other store other than apple ..

I tried buying a free app it didn't work as well .. you have first to put your payment and then afterwards you are "FREE" to remove it ..

Sad how this company is manipulating the world and gathering un necessary information

Apple Store-OTHER

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 10:47 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2015 11:36 AM in response to iManipulative

You can create an account without having to give credit card details : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

I've just tried it and I got the 'none' option and was able to download a free app (though I did get a prompt about needing to 'verify' my payment details, the 'none' option still showed on the screen and I was able to just click 'done' on that screen without entering payment details and download an app). Is that what you get ?

Jun 9, 2015 1:10 PM in response to King_Penguin

I am not having the none option, I assume I get this because I am using it for the first time. Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

This what they say.

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

Can you tell me exactly what have you done to get the none option for the first time or was it an old AppleID you are using

Jun 10, 2015 12:07 AM in response to iManipulative

It was a new account that I created using the steps on this page : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

i.e. on my computer's iTunes

- I logged out of my existing account

- found a free app in the store

- clicked on its 'get' button

- clicked 'create Apple ID' on the popup

- went through the create screens agreeing to the store's terms, and filled in my details (and created a new email account for it) ; that gave me 'none' as an option on the payment details screen

- verified the account via the email sent to its email account

- found a free app, clicked on 'get', and was prompted to login and verify its payment details ; that still had 'none' as an option and I was able to just click 'Done' on the screen and download the free app. That is the first time that I've seen that, and may have been because I had problems when creating the account (I put the wrong email address on it and had to login and correct it). I've tried again this morning with another new account and didn't get that prompt, I was able to just download the app

how to make iTunes account requires without credit information (Australia)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.