Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime and messages not working on iPod touch 4th gen

My little sisters iPod touch won't allow her to use the messages service or Facetime.

I have tried turning the ipod off and on again, resetting my apple ID password and hotmail password, changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8, resetting the network settings and I have also restored the whole iPod back to its original factory settings.

Nothing has worked and I remain frustrated after hours of trying to fix this. Can someone please help? The ipod is fully updated and running iOS 6.1.6

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 1:25 PM

7 replies

Jun 9, 2015 1:44 PM in response to elizabethdowler

When I go to the settings and click on messages it takes me to the welcome screen. I enter the apple id and it takes me to a screen asking if this is the email address I want to use. Its already got a tick next to it and wont let me click anything else so I press next. Then it says verifying for a little while then takes me back to the welcome screen. The same happens with facetime. I can never get past the screen with the email address, it just takes me straight back to the welcome screen

Jun 9, 2015 2:04 PM in response to elizabethdowler

Try:

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Facetime and messages not working on iPod touch 4th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.